Friday, August 1, 2008

We survived our first week!

Well, we made it through our first week! Hannah doesn't understand why we have to take a break for the next two days, which I find both very cute and very unlikely to last for the rest of the year.

Today we studied Day 5 of creation, when God made the sea creatures and birds. Hannah had a whale of a time (sorry, couldn't resist) making the next page in her creation book. She used two entire sheets of sea creature stickers, and drew a perfectly straight line of birds across the top.


For lunch we ate sandwich "birds" (an idea from Family Fun, mom) and goldfish. The goldfish were a hit, of course, but they defeathered the birds before eating the sandwiches. And I thought I could sneak some bell pepper in there and get away with it!


Oh, please pray for Bailey if you think about it. (I know, I know. I always thought it was weird when people asked for prayer for their animals, and here I am doing it.) He was sitting on the glider yesterday (the iron one with all the small holes in it), and when he jumped off, his claw got stuck and pulled out. All the way out. It looks like a tooth that was extracted. He let out a good yelp and bled a good bit, then limped the rest of the evening. Anyway, please pray.

No comments: