Thursday, July 31, 2008

1+1=1?

Yep, that's the new math we're doing around here these days. Before you think I've lost my mind and have no business whatsoever homeschooling, let me explain.

1 late night + 1 early morning = 1 whiny kindergartener!

Remember that sweet little angel I wrote about yesterday? Turns out she's still a sinner after all! Who'd'a thunk it?!

Our church is hosting VBS next week, so we had a meeting after church last night. When we got home, the kids wanted something to eat, so we heated up some leftover pizza and breadsticks. Hannah was still hungry, so she also ate some leftover mac & cheese. Then she was STILL hungry (growth spurt or tapeworm—I'm still not sure), so she polished it all off with an Oreo. After that they still had to take a bath, then Greg read a couple of Dr. Seuss books to them, so it ended up being close to 10:00 by the time they got to bed. Hate it when that happens, but it seems so common during the summer! Hannah came in my room early this morning and said, "Mom, my tummy hurts." Yeah, I guess so!

After a forced breakfast and several sister feuds, we finally got around to school. We studied Day 4 of creation, when God created the sun, moon, and stars. Hannah did have fun making the next page in her creation book. She loves arts and crafts. Give the child paper, scissors, and glue and she'll entertain herself for a week! But she's also really enjoyed painting the past couple of days. I admit, I'm not one to pull out paint too often because of the mess it makes all over my kids and all over my kitchen! But after seeing how much she loves it, I'll have to be more willing to let those messes happen. Anyway, here's a picture of her latest creation book page. She used paint for the moon and daisy...I mean sun, and stickers and dots of paint for the stars. She even added a couple of shooting stars. Pure genius! (That must be the Rives genes! Calm down...I'm just kidding!)


For snack today we had orange cheddar cheese "sun" and white provolone cheese "moon" and "stars." She liked making them more than she liked eating them, but Millie was just the opposite, so it all worked out in the end.


Hey, I just realized how clever Hannah was to plan her "whine" to go with our cheese! What a hoot!

More tomorrow!

No comments: