Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One more day of rest, Father! Pleeeeeease!

How many times in the past month have I heard Millie ask something so similar to this? "More chips, Mommy. Pleeeeeease!!!!" "Ten more minutes, Mommy. Pleeeeeease!!!" "I do it myself, Mommy. Pleeeeeease!!!"

This will be short and sweet. Just to let you know what's going on, when the tropical storm came through yesterday, our computer was struck by lightning. Fortunately, it only made it to the power supply, so I only had to change one $20 part to fix the computer. But after losing my hard drive in October and thinking I might have lost another one yesterday, I wasn't taking any more chances! I stayed up until 4:30 this morning backing up all of our files and uploading all of our pictures "just in case." As I drug myself to bed early this morning, I found myself talking to God much like Millie talks to us. "God, we just studied your day of rest. Can't we have one more? Pleeeeease!!!" I knew, of course, that it wasn't possible, so imagine my surprise as my day unfolded the way it did.

When the kids woke up, they went straight to the kitchen to color and draw, so I was able to sleep until around 9:00. My friend Rachel called and we were able to talk for 45 minutes without a single interruption. We read a wonderful book called Six Busy Days: The Wonderful Story of Creation by Mary E. Erickson that both children loved. Greg came home unexpectedly in the middle of the day and offered to take the kids so I could take a nap. I love the way God took a prayer that I offered with a question mark and answered it with an exclamation point. He knows our needs and meets them in ways beyond what we can ask or imagine.

School was very relaxed today. We did our reading and math lesson and reviewed creation, which is basically what we will doing for the rest of this week. Since there are no special projects to show or write about, I'll probably wait until Friday to post again.

Rejoicing in answered prayer,

No comments: