Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our own little Jericho

After three days of work, Greg finally made it to the end of the fireplace demolition. I had this vision in my mind of taking a sledge hammer to the thing and just busting it out (I think we both pictured that, to some extent), but come to find out the inside of a fireplace isn't hollow. There are several layers of bricks nestled inside of each other.

Here he is somewhere in the middle of the outside portion.

Finally time to start on the inside!

This was the moment we waited for. Goodness gracious, it took a lot longer than we thought!

And somewhere around in here . . .
. . . is when all the fun started. I finally had a relatively unobstructed view of my backyard, which has never happened from inside my living room, so I said, "I have a great idea!" Greg rolled his eyes and said, "Great." (If you read that enthusiastically, like, "Wow, Honey! That's great that you have a great idea! I can't wait to hear it!" then please go back and read it the way it was really stated, which was the same kind of "Great" you say when you see red and blue lights flashing in your rearview mirror. There you go. Now you've got it!) So I proceeded to tell Greg my "great" idea, which was to put French doors where the fireplace used to be rather than just making a wall.

Because my husband adores me
Because my husband knows my ideas are always nothing less than amazing
Because my husband tolerates my indecisiveness and at least attempts to entertain my various and sundry ideas, he patiently . . . lovingly . . . grudgingly rearranged furniture for the next hour to see if we could come up with something we like that will allow us to get more natural light into our house and have this great view of the outdoors.

As of now, we still don't know exactly what we're going to do, but the brick guy is scheduled to show up on Monday, so we better have a decision made by tomorrow!

No comments: