Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh, how the truth can hurt!

Today my Mom and Dad were planning to swing by the house for a quick visit while they were in town. As is always true when someone is planning a visit, the house was at its worst—toys strewn throughout every room, clean clothes that were washed and dried but never folded and put away, clean dishes in the dishwasher waiting to be put away so the dirty dishes in the sink could have their turn.

I knew there was no way I was going to allow my parents to see my house like this, but I also knew I wasn't going to have time to pick up between breakfast and lunch because we had plans to try out a new homeschool co-op. So I set the alarm clock ridiculously early, drug myself out of bed, and cleaned like a mad woman.

When Hannah woke up, I was just about finished. She walked into the living room, saw me dusting the tables, and said, "Mom, what are you doing?"

"Cleaning," I replied.

"Oh," she said. Then after a couple of seconds of silence, she said, "Why are you doing that?!

No comments: