Friday, August 27, 2010

Let's Salsa!

What do you do when this . . .

. . . turns into this?


You make this!


Thanks to my very generous Mom and Dad and the people who invented Miracle Gro, I spent the better part of this evening making the 12 cups of salsa you see in the picture above.  Yep, 12 cups.  It's in my freezer right now, but I betcha it'll be gone in two weeks.

Here's my recipe, just in case you're in the same predicament I was in!  Not only is it delicious, but it's easy, too!

Ingredients:

5-6 large tomatoes
olive oil
1/2 onion
1 can Ro-Tel
2 T. garlic salt
2 T. green sauce (such as Herdez, Mrs. Renfro's, Embassa, etc.)
1 T. dried cilantro

Directions:
  1. Blanch tomatoes by placing them in boiling water for 3 minutes, then immediately put them in ice water for 1 minute.  The skin will fall right off.  Cut the tomatoes into 1 inch chunks.  
  2. Dice onion into small pieces.  Saute in olive oil.  Add the tomatoes to the onion.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients.  Stir well.  And if you're like me, blend the heck out of it so there are no chunks to be found anywhere!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Salsa looks yummy. I'm so lazy I just dice them up and freeze them for stew and chili.

Yes, the window art "Jesus" letters were from a Cricut machine.

Monica at discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com