Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My baby's growing up!

Today is one of those milestone days that has me quite emotional and Greg quite confused as to what the big deal is.

Today Camille is one week shy of 2 years 7 months. Not exactly a noteworthy age, I agree, but this is the exact age Hannah was when Camille was born. I remember coming home from the hospital and thinking, "Oh, my gosh! You're not a baby anymore!" It wasn't too traumatic, though, because I was holding a newborn baby in my arms at the time.

But now there's not a newborn baby to hold in my arms. There are no more sweet baby smiles or soft coos, no more warm skin to kiss or soft hair to nuzzle. But somehow, even though I know in my head that Camille is no longer a baby, in my heart she still is. I suppose in some ways she'll always be my baby. And that's really not such a bad thing.

No comments: