Friday, March 6, 2009

Change of Heart

What a difference a day makes! At first everything was fine. Hannah woke up, reached into her tooth pillow, and found that the tooth fairy had left her some money, which she excitedly ran into the kitchen to show me. After breakfast, she went back into her room. The next thing I know, she is screaming and crying hysterically. I ran back to her room, and she said, "That tooth fairy stole my tooth! She's a mean tooth fairy!"

I tried my very hardest to keep a straight face as I explained to her that the tooth fairy just made a trade by giving her some money in exchange for her tooth. Hannah wasn't having it. She asked if she could put the money back in her pillow tonight so the tooth fairy would bring her tooth back.

Later today I found this sign where the other sign was last night:


(Just in case you can't read it, it says, "No tooth fairy alod.")

I think Hannah may have the only tooth fairy in the world who will make a repeat visit tonight to return a "stolen" tooth to a very broken-hearted little girl.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I more than laughed out loud - I chuckled out loud. COL!!! ;)